messages matching a pattern
-q | -m
prints the names of files from the specified
if the value of
matches the POSIX Extended Regular
for the message argument
matches against the maildir flags of
searches for the pattern in any header.
searches any plain text parts of the
If no msgs
are specified and
is used interactively, the current
sequence will be searched.
The options are as follows:
- Search for regex in RFC
2822 address header parts only.
- Only print a count of matching messages.
- Decode the header
according to RFC 2047 prior to searching.
- Match regex case
- Do not show more than max
- Print each match only, not the entire line. This option is
ignored if -c,
-q or -v is
- Print the filename, the header and the matching line for
each of the matched msgs. If
-o is specified each match is printed,
instead of the matching line. This option is ignored if
-c, -q or
-v is specified.
- Quiet mode: do not print anything, quit as soon as
- Invert the match; print (or count) all files where
regex does not match.
utility exits 0 on success, 1 if no
match was found and >1 if an error occurs.
is not called mgrep because many tools with
this name already exist.
is in the public domain.
To the extent possible under law, the creator of this work has waived all
copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.